Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Sunday Ride

Today was a day I'm so thankful to have in my mind. Nothing particularly huge happened today, but it's just sweet to take a moment and appreciate my life. Chad Moore, our pastor at Sun Valley, started out our day with a wonderful sermon. He is an amazing speaker and I enjoy listening him so much. Today he spoke on what life is about and what defines you. Your job, family, friends, and hobbies are all wonderful but they don't define you. Being a child of God is who we are and what defines us. How wonderful that that is who I am through Christ and because of that I get to spread His love to my family, friends and in any hobby I would be involved with. That's awesome!
So I'm feeling great after church and we are on the drive home and I took a moment to enjoy what was going on inside our car. Miss Colbie was peacefully asleep, of course, after enjoying her stay in the nursery. Drew was passionately talking to me about refinancing the house. I was almost listening to him, but mostly I was admiring how he wants to take care of our family. Out of my other ear I hear Cambry in the backseat singing Old McDonard. It's pretty much like Old McDonald, but she says McDonard. It's the cutest sound in the world to hear her singing especially when it's just to herself for her own enjoyment. This evening after dinner she was singing it again and her favorite part is when she is picking what exactly Old McDonard has on his farm. She had already gone through pig, cow, chicken and goat and paused for a second and looked down at her little naked body and said "Old McDonard had a.....Boobie! E-i-e-oh with a boobie here and a boob boob there". and so on. I was laughing so hard. It sealed the deal on this great day.
Jesus thank you for my beautiful family and this wonderful life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment