Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flagstaff roadtrip

This weekend we took a wonderful quick trip to one of my favorite cities on the planet - Flagstaff, Arizona. It's where Drew and I met and it's just a magical little town full of memories for us. Strangely enough I've lived in Arizona 11 years and 7 of those years were spent up north. Drew had a buddy, Larry, who was going to be in town from Texas so we agreed to meet him in Flag. It took us an extra long time to actually get there because of a wreck, but we finally made it and had a great lunch with Larry and his friends. After that we went to go see my friend Hannah and her beautiful family who were all camping out for the weekend. I miss her so much, so even though it was a very short visit at least I got to her face. Then we headed to downtown Flagstaff and walked around to soak up the atmosphere. I must say I miss the hippies. I think they are great. There's nothing like a smile from a peaceful dread-head to make your day. Anyways, we ate dinner, and then ice cream and headed back to the hotel. We made our way back home after breakfast to get a jump on Father's day back in Gilbert. And that's it people, there were no other events that happened.......
Okay, fine... There was one event, or incident if you will. Let's go back to the trip up the mountain when we were stuck behind a wreck. This was no fender bender, this was a multiple ambulance - fly in multiple med-evac helicopters type of wreck. So we waited. And waited. And waited. This was miles of cars all at a stand still. There were no exits, no places to pull over, and especially no places to potty. I had to pee. Not just a little bit, but a -I can't hold it and my time is running short - I need a solution NOW type of pee! Each side of the highway was open fields with absolutely no coverage, so attempting a squat outside of the car was not an option. There was no rest stop for miles for me to try to run to. My brain was spinning and my bladder wasn't joking around anymore and there was only one solution. With Drew laughing hysterically, but also cheering me on with all his heart - I peed in a diaper. Two diapers actually. It wasn't easy. It wasn't pretty. It was, however, a great success! I will spare you any further details, but God bless pampers. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
There. That was our trip to Flagstaff.
Stop picturing me wearing a diaper.


Hanging out at Lake Mary



Our cute friends arriving in style

5 comments:

  1. i am the first comment! i love you so much and i am so glad you shared this awesome story with me (and the world wide web). you're not even thirty and you are already working the diapers. you are my hero. i love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story makes me so happy. Thank you for sharing this with the blogging world. I love your crazy stories!!!! And while it's probably best that you're not sharing more details...I can't wait to hear them later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah christin you are the best! :)
    i can't believe you still haven't seen my hair since you did it, what the heck! haha. we need to get together soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! I know I can always come here for a good laugh and a smile :) My grandmother told me a similar story once. She was in the car with my grandpa on a long road trip and just like you, had to pee NOW. Grandpa wouldn't stop because he wanted to make good time (nice huh?!). He jokingly handed her a coke bottle. This was when they were glass with the itsy bitsy opening. Well she showed him! While the car was moving, not a drip spilled. I think that's why they call it the "Mother" of Invention, because only a mom can come up with a solution in dire situations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me laugh out loud, for real, not just "lol" I am so happy you shared your story, because quite honestly I'm not sure I would have thought of such a genius idea...but if I'm ever stuck on the road and really need to pee, I now know what to do!

    In all seriousness, I love everything you posted about Flagstaff. Corbin and I have had many similar conversations about memories and how much we LOVE Flagstaff and want to go visit with the boys. You have motivated me to plan a trip this summer :)

    ReplyDelete