Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Her world

Cambry is keeping me so entertained these days. Her vocabulary is increasing at a rapid rate and I have really seen growth in the way she plays pretend, interacts with Colbie, Drew and I, mimics anyone around her, and communicates her needs or wants. Here are a few example of conversations that we have had lately:

Example 1:
Cambry (with eyes closed and folded hands) : "...and for pears, and for corn, and pananos (tomatoes).
Me: "Oh Cambry are you praying?" (We always ask her what she wants to thank Jesus for)
Cambry (Gives me the "duh" look): "Yes. and thank you for JuJu (colbie), and Bert, and Ernie, and Bear..." The list goes on and on, but it was sooo cute. I know Jesus was so grateful for all of the thanks he was getting. She also suckered me in to staying up with her a few extra minutes because she was asking to read the bible. How do you say no to that? She has a childrens bible full of pictures, and my favorite part is when we get to Jesus being baptized by a hairy John the Baptist and she say it's Jesus and Santa.

Example 2: She always wants things in books to come out and play and now movies too.
We were watching a Sesame Street video and Kermit the Frog was on the screen.
Cambry (points to tv): "I want to go in there"
Me: "In the tv?"
Cambry: "Yes. I want to go in there and play. I want to hold the turtle. Come here turtle." (in her defense Kermit was wearing a trench coat and hat and truly looked more like a turtle than a frog.)

Example 3: Her never-ending love to nurture her stuffed animals
Cambry (holding Bert): "Oh Bert, don't cry mama's here. Shhh. You need a drink? Okay. (Goes and gets a drink for him and spies Ernie.) Oh Ernie, you need a diaper change? Okay. Oh you have a sore bottom? You need some medicine? Okay. Here is some Desitin. All Better? You wanna watch a movie? Okay." And Ernie's bum is permanently streaked with Desitin.

I wish I had an always running video camera right now for all of the imaginary things that are happening in this house. I love getting to be a part of her world.

No comments:

Post a Comment