Thursday, July 29, 2010

Enchanted

I want my children to have a magical childhood! I love watching Cambry's imagination run wild with things that could never really happen, but it makes sense to her because of the endless possibilities that her little kid brain contains. It even makes me smile when she does things differently than I would just because she is a kid. For instance, playing in her kitchen and building a veggie burger and putting a waffle on it. Can you imagine if an adult ordered that in a restaurant? But it's always what she is serving to me, and I love it! (And yes she calls the hamburger patty a veggie patty. The advantage of me staying home!) Anyways, when I was coming up with themes for the downstairs bedroom to be transformed into a playroom I chose to make it a fairy garden room. Full of enchantment! (Don't worry, if you are a guest in our home we will still have room for you it's just going to be a bit girlie! Sorry John!!) This also will give the girls some more space to play in. Our living room was becoming a toy land and I was getting a bit claustrophobic with the lack of space and the increased time we spend indoors in this nasty summer. It was fun to have a project and Drew was so sweet and helpful throughout the process even though I'm sure it's not his dream room.
I videoed Cambry's reaction when she saw the room for the first time which I posted for you to see. I wanted to get some video of Colbie playing in there as well, but unfortunately that will not be posted. As I previewed Colbie's video I noticed Cambry in the background running around naked saying "whoa bear, whoa bear" When she turns around she has a little stuffed bear shoved in her butt-crack, and he is just helplessly dangling there. Don't even ask because I don't know what, why or how. When I get some clean video of Colbie without any inappropriate stuffed animal dingle-berries in the background I will post it. Magical I tell ya!




The princess reading corner


The amazing signs my sister made out of cabinets. Her talent is endless.


The mural I tried to paint, it's not that great but the girls seem to like it.





.

2 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! :) I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm watching 'sytycd' so i can't hear the video, but i love cam's hair. waht the heck?!? she's prettier AND smarter than me???? how unfair :) great room! AND i love the background on the blog too. so cute. you are the cutest. i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete