Monday, August 23, 2010

Hey baby lets go to Vegas!

That's what Drew said to me last Monday. We left on Friday. We have been talking about taking a weekend away with just each other for a long time, but there is always something to do that prevents us from going. We realized that the upcoming weekend was one of the only free weekends we had until November. Not only were we available, but our super amazing parents were available as well to handle our kiddos. The girls stayed with my parents on Friday night, and then with Drew's mom on Saturday night. We owe you guys big time! I know how much work those little ladies and you guys sure handled them perfectly, thank you.
It was probably best we left with such short notice because I didn't have a lot of time to be scared about leaving the girls for the first time. I missed them like crazy, however, it made me realize how important it is to have time with your spouse. It was amazing to sit at dinner and actually get to hear what Drew was saying, and for us to be able to invest in our marriage. Not to mention how great it was to travel so lightly, and not have to be back at the hotel for the kids bedtime. We made a pact to stay out past midnight on the first night and we ended up staying out until 3 am! We walked sooo far down the strip and looked at the hotels and the crazy vegas people. The next day we laid by the pool and then went to a show that, Mystere, night. The show blew my mind and really made me want to be an acrobat. Perhaps I will start training in 2011. It was my favorite thing we did all trip. We stayed at Treasure Island which was a cute clean hotel, but not quite a hot spot for people our age so we spent some time at surrounding hotels. I couldn't make it until 3 am the second night, so I turned in around midnight. Drew found enough energy to go to the Venetian and pay them for letting him sit at their poker table. :)
Unfortunately, we took the camera but didn't take one picture the entire trip! Guess we will have to go again!

1 comment:

  1. How did we talk all last night and I didn't even know this?! I'm so glad you guys got to go and have fun by yourselves! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete