Friday, August 6, 2010

You are beautifull!!!

I keep up with this blog called Childhood Magic. And it was magical! Unfortunately, the lady who writes it has decided to retire so she can focus on her kids, and she took all of her archives with her. Whatever! I love my kids so much and I blog when they are sleeping so I'm not stopping, or going to feel bad about my blogging habits because it keeps far away family informed. Anyways, I loved this lady and loved following what she wrote because she was a stay-at-home mom that home-schooled her children, and was oozing with creative fun projects for kids. I never actually did any of the projects due to the age of my children, but I loved watching her kids do them. They just seemed to have this perfect life in Miami where they would hit the beach, do yoga on the beach, and they all had these perfect tans and blond hair, and they were a little hippieish and extremely crafty. I could go on and on about them. But one day the mom did a post about how she never puts pictures up on her blog of herself because she doesn't really like to look at them. She was uncomfortable with many things about herself and just didn't want them up. To get over it, one day she posted a couple pictures of herself. Just an ordinary picture of what she looked like that day, not re-touched, airbrushed or altered in any way. This lady is gorgeous and nuts for being insecure about anything. It made me think about myself and my girl friends. I have a super hot group of friends here, but if you asked any of them they wouldn't believe it. Most of our blogs are kid or family focused, and I can't think of a time that one of us put up pictures of ourselves just to do so. I don't particularly want to go through my blog and see a bunch of me, however, this blog I treat as a diary/babybook for the girls and I want them to know what their mom looked like when they were going up. So I am swallowing my pride and posting a few pics of just me. No re-touching, airbrushing or altering in any way.





(My personal fav because my ear makes me laugh every time.)









***I don't in any way want you to think that I do not take seriously or admire what the other blogging lady did. She is amazing. I just think I probably have a bit of growing up to do before I get to her level.***
****Yes, the first picture is normal so please do not make fun of that one.****
*****Yes, I have done this to my children and their pictures will be posted, so stay tuned.*****
******Yes, it is almost midnight and I'm not responsible for anything I post this late.******

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love this post so much!!!!!!!! You ARE such a beautiful lady! I'm so glad you did this because it's true, none of the other mom's ever post pictures of themselves. My favs are the first crazy pic and the last one. They make me laugh out loud. You're awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the funniest posts in a while. Hats off to you Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i could make your forehead inflate, and your face shrink to look like the last picture, i would. cause it's a good look. and you pull it off really well. i cannot even tell you how much i adore you. great great great post love :)

    ReplyDelete