Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cali Vacation: Part two - The Beach

After our hot and sweaty adventures of Anaheim, the Roberts packed up and headed to the beach! Which beach? Well, we didn't know because we didn't have plans. So we headed to Huntington Beach and stopped to see if there were any available rooms. And there were.....For $300 bucks a night! Next beach please. We continued down through Newport Beach. Beautiful, but just seemed snooty. Everywhere you turn there Ferrari, Mercedes, and BMW dealerships. We aren't really the "Benz" kind of people so we didn't even stop. Next beach please. Then we encountered Laguna Beach. Ahhh. We saw this adorable Holiday Inn right across from the ocean. Drew and I had a set a number of what we would pay, so I ran in to see if it was in our budget. The man quoted me a price, and it was at the higher end of our budget but we were ready to get a hotel room so I figured we would take it. I didn't say yes to him though I said "let me go check with my husband" and walked away. He stopped me and said "Is it the price?" Umm...it was in our budget, but it wasn't a smokin deal so I said "well, yes". He started firing discounts at me and I just stood there silent until he was done because he kept taking off money! I finally said "Yes!" Proud of my bargaining skills (Dave Ramsey would have been proud too) I went out and told Drew we were staying there for sure. It wasn't fancy, but it felt like a cottage which I loved and it was right across from the ocean!

The girls love, love, loved the beach! Colbie was a little shakey walking in the sand so she stuck to crawling. She spotted some birds not too far away and took off crawling toward them saying "duck.....duck....duck" over and over. She was entertaining all the people around us. She wasn't phased by the sand except for a few times she looked down at her sandy hands like "whoa, what is this?"

Cambry was all about the water, the freezing water! Drew was such a cute dad and he played in the water with her for hours. She would stand in the water with him holding her, and when a wave would come it would make her jump right into it. She thought it was the coolest thing ever. I wasn't prepared for her to actually get in the ocean at first because it was so cold, so with no swimsuit we stripped her down to her undies and let her run free.

Just getting to the beach

"What is this? No one told me about this."

A happy free bird. I love this pic.



Poor Colbie. Getting ready to be the victim of a sand attack from her sister.



Colbie's sexy beach pose.

We actually had swimsuits one day!





Don't bother going to Laguna Beach. There is no sand left, Cambry smuggled it home.





2 comments:

  1. So fun!!!! I love that as soon as Colbie looks at you she smiles. You're such a good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look sooo happy!!! What a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete