Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin time!

There is this pumpkin patch that I noticed right by our house, and Cambry loves pumpkins so I thought I should just stop in and get the girls each a mini-pumpkin. So I did....right after I went home and put Cobie in a pumpkin costume. Anyways, the girls had a blast! Cambry was running around in pumpkin heaven saying "Oh I love THIS one! THIS one!", and then she would spot a different one that for some reason caught her eye and then THAT one was her favorite. Colbie really enjoyed walking around and looking at them too, and really giving them a pretty good smack that was making me laugh.
We were almost done taking pictures when the cutest old man working their came up and gave them a mini-pumpkin each to keep. I offered to pay for them but he insisted they take them for free and told them with a no-tooth grin to have a Happy Halloween. So sweet, and perfect because it's exactly what we went there for!
The next day Cambry was showing Aunt Cindy her pumpkin. Cindy started asking her questions about the pumpkin like: what do you notice about the pumpkin, is it smooth or rough- those types of questions. (you can take the teacher out of the school, but you can't take the schooling out of the teacher) Anyways, Cindy pointed to the stem and said "And what's this part?" Cambry just looked with a straight face and said "the hat." Of course it is. That has made me laugh all week.

THIS one!!














1 comment: