Monday, April 18, 2011

Thirty, be gentle.

Well, it happened. I turned thirty. Turns out, it's not that bad! I'm actually looking forward to my thirties. As my twenties were on the way out I began to reflect on them and think of all of the changes that I encountered during them. Turns out there was a lot! I made a list of major events or changes and I thought I would share them with you. (There were some fairly dry years in there, but other action-packed years make up for them)

20 - (2001, sophomore year of college at NAU) Lived in Flagstaff with a group of girls in a house and later moved in to an apartment with Jessamyn.

21- I turned 21 (obviously) and realized I'm not cut out to be a drinker (my parents took me out for one drink on my bday and I laughed/cried the whole way home), I moved in to apartment with Jessamyn and a girl I now refer to as Crazy Rachel, moved yet again to another apartment with Jessamyn, Crazy Rachel and Trisha, major baseball-to-the-head-injury and spent some time in ICU, also involuntarily became a vegetarian but voluntarily maintained that title for now nine years.

22- Graduated from NAU, left Flag moved home with my parents in Gold Canyon for the summer, got married (yay!), moved to Drew's apartment in Mesa, moved back to Flagstaff and lived in our townhome.

23- Got my real estate license, accumulated another brother-in-law, and had my most athletic moment of my life while golfing at Pine Canyon.

24-Moved from our townhome to our home in Flag

25- Moved in with Mike and Cindy for a month, then moved into a rental house in Gilbert.

26- Moved to our current home in Gilbert, got my nose pierced, got pregnant, and started cosmetology school.

27- Had a baby (yay little Cambry is here!!), graduated from Toni & Guy.

28-Had another baby (yay little Colbers is here!!), became an aunt for the first time, began working at a salon

29 - DID NOT have another baby, decided to do hair out of my home and not in a salon

30- Discovered I actually like almonds (only salted smokey ones). Please let something more exciting happen in my thirties. Please!!!

So there you have it. My twenties in a nutshell. Complete with a few career changes, one husband, two babies, and 10 moves!!! Whew. I am so looking forward to my thirties. I hope that the the theme is stability. I want to live in our home for a long time, grow old(ish) with my wonderful husband, and love my girls to pieces. Thanks for being so good to me, twenties. It's been fun, but I bid you adieu. Thirties, let's get this party started!!!

2 comments: