Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Day!!

Oh Easter, what a fun holiday you are for so many reasons! (The biggest being that because of what Jesus did we have the option to love him and have eternal salvation! Not too shabby!!) Cambry is so cute describing why we celebrate Easter. She always says "Jesus died and Mary cried, but then Mary was so happy cuz Jesus ROSE again!" I've never really described it to her from Mary's perspective, but I think we have a book that does and she remembers everything. However, on the Easter when all the family was standing around I asked her why we celebrate Easter and she said "Mary died". I had to help her out a little bit, but she got it. Anyways, Easter was super great. We had to wake Colbie up and we all four headed downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny had left them. Cambry was pointing out the more obvious eggs that he had hidden the whole way. They had so much fun hunting for eggs too. They were not as competitive as I remember my sister and I being, but I'm sure that will come with time. They wanted to see what was inside each one immediately instead of collecting a bunch and then inspecting at the end. Colbie would find and egg but couldn't open it, so she would throw it on the tile forcing it to bust open so that she could get to the scattered candy. Very smart girl.
After our little family Easter we went to church. Chad Moore you rock, it was a beautiful service. Then later that day we had the whole crew over for Easter dinner at our house! My grandpa and grandma Harrison were in town from Kansas so were able to have them, my gma and gpa Byers, my parents and the Brantons were all here for the same holiday! It was a full house with tons of good food! Here are some pictures from the day:


Cambry racing for her basket.

A little tired still, but very excited to see that for some reason she is getting Jelly Beans before breakfast.

The girls and all the eggs they had collected around the house.

Just after church still dressed up.


The Easter Bunny had left the girls some princess things in their baskets, but Colbie was much more interested in the candy that morning. Later on that day she decided to give it a try, and loved it all! The funny part was after she put on her gloves she kept putting her hands on her face (I assume because they were so soft). She walked around like this for a long time, and it was cracking me up.

Possibly my favorite pic from the day.



Brielle was such a show stopper in her fabulous Easter dress.

We had another egg hunt that evening with Brielle here. By that time my kids were, of course, almost naked. I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but it looks like she is transferring some of Colbie's eggs into her own basket.

Colbs got even by stealing Brielle's basket.

Finally, it's not Easter until Mike looks like this.

1 comment: