Wednesday, July 27, 2011

California with the Roberts

We just spent for terrific days on the beach with Grandpa John and Uncle Will. We met up with them in Huntington Beach on Saturday and started our relaxing vacation. We walked the shops, hit the beach, jumped on hotel beds (mostly the girls.. a little bit Drew), and ate and ate and ate. My favorite part was probably body boarding, but it didn't last long because I drank more ocean water than I cared for. The sea was angry that day my friends. :) After about four solid attempts of drowning me, I conquered the ocean with one glorious wave that carried me all the way to shore. Then I gave the body board right back to Will and let him go again. Will and Drew were really entertaining to watch and caught some great waves!
The girls loved the beach. They played with their pail and shovels digging and building for a long time. Then they spent some time just spinning in circles and making each other laugh. They both took turns getting in the water, but Cambry really liked it. She held on to Grandpa John while she jumped up and down and he helped her "surf" along the waves. I think the beach was the girls favorite part.
It was wonderful to get out of the heat, and just hang out laughing
with family. There are so many cute pics I will probably just make a slide show, but here are a few teasers.


Here is Cambry all ready to take off in the airplane. I absolutely LOVE this pic!

Drew and Colbie eating fruit snacks.


Uncle Will and Cambry

3 comments: