Monday, July 11, 2011

Oldest vs. Youngest

I have a very sensitive heart toward the youngest siblings of families. I wonder why? I feel like I have eyes in the back of my head and I can just see what Cambry is doing to Colbie. It's like there is some older sister boot camp that happens in the womb that trains the oldest on specific ways to try to overpower the younger sibling. There is a song that the girls sing from the movie Tangled and one line says "At last I see the light". Cambry always looks at Colbie and says "NO! You can't say light. You will say flower." Colbie continues to sing the correct words "light" only to drive Cambry up a wall because she had strictly forbidden her to use the word "light". I tell Cambry that Colbie can sing the song the way she wants to and then I will here Cambry whisper to Coblie "You can't say light." Then I correct Cambry again but I can still see Cambry giving Colbie the older sister stare that says "say light and you are in for it." Why does she try to make her sing wrong words? I have no idea. I chalk it up to the older sister club that I am not a part of. The same thing goes with getting in some sneak attack hits or pushes. I happened to capture a couple on film. The girls are dancing when Cambry pushes Colbie, twice. The first push I didn't even see until watching the footage. The second one sends her flying off of the ottoman landing on her head. You don't get to see that part because I threw the video camera to try to save her. For this reason, and per the honorary rules of the Little Sister Club (The LSC) when Colbie starts to fight back I shall count to five (the mississippi way) before stopping the trouble. I love my girls equally, and never ever will I play favorites. But Juju, hold your own. And let's make up a secret handshake for our club. :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post. It is so nice to hear that Caleb isn't the only one suffering from being the youngest sibling! I laughed out loud at the part about Cambry telling Colbie she can't sing the right words...ugh, Brayden does the same type of things to Caleb! Corbin and I have already agreed that when Caleb learns how to stand up to Brayden, we are gonna let it happen a few times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I specifically told you not to post anything that would defile the title of older sister. Get it off...NOW. or else.


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud at this video. Being an only child, I don't know what it's like to have someone to push around or to be pushed around. I have a feeling that these 2 will work it out someday. :) Glad to hear that Colbie doesn't take crap from her sister though. YOU SING THOSE RIGHT WORDS COLBIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete