Friday, March 18, 2011

What's it like outside?

Sick kids. That's been my life for what seems to be going on a month now. It started with Colbie having a bug and passed it to Cambry. Then last week Cambry came down with a new bug and has since passed it to Colbie. Ugh. Sisters, they share everything. The two good things are that Drew and I have stayed healthy through the experience, and that the kid who gets the bug passed to them doesn't seem to get it as bad as the first kid. I have, however, dealt with more than my share of puke and poops and cabin fever this last month. I'm hoping this all clears up soon, and maybe it means we will be getting the flu shot next year to avoid this at all cost.

On the bright side Cambry sick or not sick has continued to entertain. Here are of our conversations lately.

The girls were sitting in their highchairs and had just done a wonderful job eating all of their food.
Me- "You girls did a great job would you each like a hot tamale?"
Cambry - " Yes! I will have two and Colbie will have one."
Me- I raise one eyebrow and give her the -that doesn't sound fair- look.
Cambry "I drive a hard bargain."
(Needless to say she got two hot tamales.)

Cambry sitting on the toilet peeks in and looks at her poop.
Cambry "Look mom, it looks like a harmonica."
It kinda did.

Sitting at the table Cambry said something that impressed me.
Me "Cambry, you are so smart. What do you think you want to do when you grow up? You could be anything."
Cambry "I think I would like to be a monkey."
Me "Well, I guess you could find a job to dress up like a monkey but I don't think you are going turn into one."
Cambry (thinking hard) "Oh... I should be a rhino then."
Me "That sounds great. Or you could be a doctor and help people, or work at the zoo, or be an astronaut and go to space, or take care of babies....Anything you want to be."
Cambry "Oh I would like to be an astronaut and I could dance on the moon, or I could dance on Jupiter, or I could dance on Uranus" (this is where I started laughing because of my immaturity)
Me "What do you think Cobie will want to be when she grows up?"
Cambry "A rhino."
Me "Probably. Brielle?"
Cambry "A penguin."

1 comment:

  1. This just made. my. day. She is SO YOU Christin. Do you understand that? She is just as NUTS as you are! It's so cute!! Thanks for sharing and tell those girls that they need to get all better! We miss you guys like crazy!

    ReplyDelete