Monday, May 2, 2011

Cambry is 3!!!

Oh my goodness. My Cambry is three!! I can't believe it! She has been sooo excited for her birthday for a very long time. She has been talking about getting a birthday cake and having candles I think since Colbie's birthday in October. Finally, it was her turn. We had some loved ones over to celebrate with us. We went with a monster theme because what else would she want? We had a really great time and Cambry had so much fun being the center of attention. I made the girls little outfits, but of course they wanted NOTHING to do with the tutu's on the day of. So I did what any borderline insane mom would do and I waited a couple of days and reenacted everything bribing them with marshmellows for pictures. Totally worth it.


I was a bit proud of myself for carving a watermelon and having 10 fingers in tact when I was done!

She loved her cake!

My favorite thing to make was the cake balls. So fun! And luckily mine were supposed to be little monsters because otherwise they would have just been ugly!

Truly, Ghost and Scary Mask (two items belonging to my parents) where the top two on her guest list, so of course we made it happen.

Ah the tutu's.



Cambry my love, you have enriched my life in ways I can't even describe. Your smile is shear joy to me. I feel so lucky to be your mom. Thank you for your sweet heart, your laugh, your love for all things creepy, and for making me a better person when I'm with you. Thank you for letting me braid your hair and paint your toenails. My heart is so full because I have you. I love your love for nudity (at this age). Thank you for helping me realize how much God loves me because of how much I love you. I hope you know your dad and I are always here for you. I believe you are unstoppable, child. You are so intelligent and creative, which to me make a very powerful combination! I hope you use your gifts for Jesus. His plans for you are so good. You are my sweet girl. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man... I've got tears! How blessed are your girls to have such a creative and loving mommy as you?!?! I mean seriously!!! The outfits, the cakes, the watermelon... you blow me away! Looked like she had a blast :D

    Happy 3rd Birthday Cambry!!! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 3 either. I remember holding her when she was born!! Thank you so much for inviting us to share in the special day!! We love you Cambry Ryan and can't wait to see how you grow into a beautiful God loving young lady!

    ReplyDelete