Monday, May 16, 2011

Cambry's 3 year check-up


Cambry went to the doctor last week for her three-year-old well check. We went to Dr. Salek and he spent so much time with us just talking and watching the girls play. He would ask them so many questions and was impressed with Cambry's answers. For the first time Colbie wasn't scared of him. She gave him high-fives and knuckles as if she knew this appointment was not for her and she had nothing to worry about. They went to weigh Cambry and I am so use to the baby scales where they have to get naked and lay down that it made me do a double take when they pulled out the adult scale and she, fully clothed, stood on it like a big girl. Plus she blew up the scale at 33 lbs! Apparently, in the world of three-year-old's this is pretty heavy because she was in the 99th %. Then she stood against the wall and measured in at 36.5 inches and was in the 75th % for height! Why am I raising giants? This was a huge increase in height because usually she is in the 10th or 25th percentile. Anyways, the doctor said she was super healthy and she had one shot which made her cry for a second and quickly went away as soon as she found out she got to pick from the treasure box. Of course she went straight for the scary eyeball that was indeed a bouncy ball. She loved it but lost it minutes after being home and was walking around asking me to help her find her eye ball which made me laugh. We never found it.

She has been saying some funny things lately that I have to write down so that I don't ever forget. Her comedic timing is really blossoming and she is getting very witty. The funny thing is that sometimes she quotes movies, but she uses the lines perfectly. Examples:

We were at Walmart and she got in trouble for something and she said to me "Fine, now I'm the bad guy." A quote from Tangled.

Her words to Baa Baa Black Sheep: ...Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full. One for my hamster, one for my leg... I was laughing to hard to hear the rest.

While playing Colbie took a toy from her and Cambry said "Ugh, why do you have to be so evil?" A line from Megamind.

While waiting for me to get food Aunt Cindy was waiting with our three kids and a woman walked by with dark hair and thick eyeliner and Cambry says multiple times very very loudly "Is she a monster? Is she a monster?" Great manners.


Here are some of the things that would be on Cambry's "favorites" list if she had one:

*Favorite movies: Tangled, Monster's Inc., Toy Story 3, Megamind
*Favorite books: her new Disney Princess books, I Spy, her Bible, Charlie Hits it Big.
* Still has an obsession with the presidents and can name them all to you.
*Loves making Colbie laugh, and is great at it.
*Loves playing with Brielle.
*Still loves her Scaries.
*Favorite songs: Anything from the soundtrack from Tangled, anything by Bob Marley, Firework.
*Loves to dance.
*She loves jumping on her trampoline, and playing play-dough and swinging.
*Oh yeah, and she loves being naked still.

3 comments:

  1. What a grown up little girl she is!!! I loved reading this, totally made me laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to squeeze her so bad right now! I love to her so much! She is a very special little girl Chris. When I read your posts, I see you in your kids so much it's not even funny. They are lucky...they are going to have the best friends and be loved so much if they grow up ANYTHING like you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, please don't ever teach her the right words to Baa Baa blacksheep! That is amazing!!!! Oh, I love you, Cam! Thanks for letting me be your favorite aunt!

    ReplyDelete