Thursday, May 19, 2011

One more thing...

Well, I need to add one more funny story that my sweet little Cambry did to me this week. Just when I thought things couldn't get any funnier we were shoe shopping and standing very close to an old lady wearing all pink. I'm minding my own business when Cambry asked me in a very loud voice "Mom, did you toot?" I said "No, no I didn't. Did you?" She shook her head and said "No, no I didn't toot. You think it was pink? (pointing to the woman in pink standing right next to us) You think pink tooted?"
Oh my goodness. I didn't know what to do so I did nothing. I stood there and said nothing hoping the woman would just leave. A few minutes went by and then the sweet lady in pink turned to me and told me a story of when her daughter was little how she had embarrassed her as well. My story was a bit more devastating than hers, but at least she tried to make me feel better.
In Cambry's defense the lady was wearing way to much perfume to the point I was having to breathe out of my mouth in that aisle because overwhelming perfume makes me sick. However, I should probably have a conversation with Cambry about things we don't say in public. Unfiltered children just crack me up though. I laughed the entire way home, I'm sure Pink did too.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how hard I laughed when I saw this story. I told my mom and it's now a running joke. When something happens, we say "maybe it was pink". You have a kids just like you....love it.

    ReplyDelete