Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cambry's 1st trip to the Dentist!


Today was Cambry's first trip to the dentist! I picked an office that was close and had some seriously cute beachy/Hawaiian decorations that I knew Cambry would think were cute, and possibly soften the experience. I truly love going to the dentist so any prep work that I did to build her excitement to go was completely genuine. I was even a bit jealous on the way there that it was her turn not mine.
We walk in and the receptionist was so friendly, and she thought the girls were so cute. We then went to the waiting area where I filled out paperwork and the girls played in the play kitchen. The waiting room toys were a hit.
Then April, wonderful April, came out and took us back to our room. She, my friends, was amazing. She talked to both girls and told them all about how Tinkerbell had been there this morning and left her some fairy tools to clean Cambry's princess teeth. (Cambry did buy it, though I wanted to tell the hygienist that she might be more impressed if a Scary had left the tools, and if they could all put on scary clown masks she might feel a bit more comfortable) She went over each instrument with them, let them sit in all the chairs in the room, and try on the magic gloves. Colbie didn't have to do any type of cleaning, but they treated her like a patient right along with Cambry and she loved it.
Then the dentist, Dr. Jared Welch, came in and he was super nice and amazing with kids. He was so impressed with Cambry that she allowed them to do a cleaning, get x-rays, and a fluoride brushing. He said that almost never happens with a first visit for a three-year-old. Maybe she's a good kid, or maybe the office freakin rocked, or maybe it's a bit of both but it was a really fun first day at the dentist. I was REALLY jealous after the appointment because I can't go there!



The waiting/play area


Colbie was the first and brave one to get up in the chair when Cambry didn't want to.

So then of course Cambry wanted to.

And then they both wanted to.


The magic gloves

The hygienist is trying to get x-rays, and I thought there would be NO way


But she did it!! (Still wearing her magic gloves)


Little Miss trying out the assistant's chair.

Amazing April brushing Cambry's teeth and using the spit sucker thingy (I think that's the technical name) which was Cambry's favorite tool.

Then came in the awesome Dr. Welch.

He was so good he got Cambry to sit back and let him use the pokey scraper (another technical term) on her teeth, and she was smiling about it!

A happy, cavity-free, child at the end with her bag of goodies and her bouncy ball. (Colbs got a goody bag too)

If you are in need of a great pediatric dentist the office is AZ Pediatric Dental Care and it's Jared Welch and the phone number is (480) 917-9339. I recommend them.



4 comments:

  1. This is where I take Madison and Hannah. They are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughters are amazing. Now tell the truth...did you blow-dry Cam's hair for the dentist? You and your dentistry-love makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. No sister I did not blow-dry her hair for the dentist.....I straightened it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna go there too!!!! I've never liked going to the dentist, even when my mom was the one cleaning my teeth :)

    ReplyDelete