Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lesson Four- Straightener Curls

Today we are learning how to curl hair with a straightener! Wahoo! This is a great option because a straightener makes really pretty curls that can be tighter or looser depending on your style. Once you get it down it's also pretty fast. It works well if you are traveling because you only have to bring one tool with you (your straightener) and you could do your hair straight or curly. Options, my friends, options. This does take some practice though, and most likely a few burns. Beauty comes with a price, so get some aloe and get to curling. If it seems frustrating at the beginning just stick with it and it will be one of your favorites! I have already heard two success stories just this week of ladies who got down the technique and are now in the club of those who can. :) Makes my heart so proud.

PS. I am aware that you can actually see in this video that instead of having a professional set up I have my flip video camera balancing on top of a dishwasher soap tablets can, three rolls of toilet paper, a lunch box and a tap measure. (you can see it better in the second half) Yes, I am ghetto fabulous and too lazy to edit it out.

3 comments:

  1. You are so adorable Christin! I love this tutorial and can't wait to try it on my hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm a complete nincompoop when it comes to this stuff. I think I sprained my eyeball while trying to braid yesterday. But, I'm going to forge ahead and give this one the ol college try! Wish me and my eyes good luck!

    ReplyDelete