Friday, March 2, 2012

Cambry has been taking swimming lessons now for about four weeks. She has always been a bit afraid of the water from not wanting any water in her face in the tub to not wanting to leave the step at my parents pool. I really want to not have a fear of water and to know what do do when she is in the pool. Through my friend, Kristin, I found EVO swim school and I love it. It is a really nice facility on Gilbert and Guadalupe with a large heated pool, a play area for siblings not swimming, and a nice seating area for parents waiting. Her instructor's name is Dave and she really likes him. (In the pictures her instructor was Kelly who filled in when Dave was gone and did a nice job) It took a little time for her to warm up to this whole idea though. The first day she cried for the entire 30 minutes that she swam. There are four kids in her class and they all screamed the entire time. They actually called my name at one point and I thought it was to go in and get her, which I was soooo ready to do, but they actually asked me to go to the seats where Cambry couldn't see me. I was crushed but I did it. I sat there for two weeks, but by then she was fine and now loves to go and I can cheer her on from the sidelines. I'm so proud of her to overcome such fear! I am definitely keeping her enrolled for a while because she is improving so fast. I'll try to catch better pictures next week, but it's hard to take them and watch at the same time.

Floating on her back for the first time!


No comments:

Post a Comment