Thursday, March 1, 2012

We're not in Kansas anymore...

But we were a few weeks ago and it was super fun! The only bummer is that I did a really poor job taking pictures, so I blatantly stole some from my sisters blog - thanks sis. (We share everything it's fine :)
I really wanted to go to Kansas to visit my family and friends there, but it's so hard to schedule a family trip around Drew's crazy schedule. So I decided, hey, I can go by myself and the girls. Then I thought, hey, I bet my sister would like to come. Then I realized Mike was going to India and I thought, hey, I bet we could go while he was gone to eat up some of her alone time. (I usually start my sentences with "hey" when I talk/think to myself.) I started looking into flights and sure enough the weekend that I wanted to go had the cheapest tickets! A sign from Jesus? I think so. So I conned my sis into going and away we went. People would ask -How are you getting your stuff through the airport? What about car seats? How will you have a car big enough for all of you to ride in? I'm not much of a worrier, so I kept saying oh we will work it out, it will be fine - we can totally do it.
Then, I had my first -what the hell was I thinking- moment when I pulled up to airport and unloaded two children, two children's purses that they were "in charge of", THREE carry on bags, two carseats, and luckily my dad. (I didn't unload my dad he unloaded himself, and helped us to get through the airport!) I was surprisingly comforted when I saw my sister in a pile that was equal to mine in the check-in line. We just kept smiling and laughing. Everyone who walked by looked at our mountain of goods and their eyes bulged out of their heads. I know what they were thinking 1.) Glad that's not me 2) I DONT want to sit by that circus! They can eat their words though because all of our kids were perfect and pleasant on the plane. In fact they were much more well behaved than one 30 year-old-arrogant-man that sat in front of me -but that's a whole nother story.







Thank goodness for their leapfrog "computers", as the girls call them, that kept them busy.

Playing outside at Aunt Angie's. A giant yard is something these girls are not use to!
Braelyn and her papa that she had wrapped around her finger
My dear friend Shelley that I grew up with! It was such a blessing to see her and hug her, hang out with her husband, see the home that she has established, and meet her beautiful daughter Izzy!
Izzy and Colbs

The best pic I could get of these crazy girls

We went on a hike around my grandparents neighborhood and Cambry collected everything she could find!
And then she had a breakdown and needed a good o -spankin-in-the-woods. It was really funny and her little tiny hand trying to block her bootylicious booty just makes me laugh. My sis and I agreed before we went on our trip that we would take pictures through the good, bad, and ugly on this trip. I'm so glad she captured this moment. I'm sure as Cambry gets older she will be just thrilled too!
These are some of our childhood friends! The last time I saw Nick (on my left) he was maybe nine and I was way taller than him.


And our wonderful cousins Branden and Dustin came up from Texas to see us! It was wonderful and all four of our girls just love them!
It was wonderful to be back there, and the moments that my sister and I shared together were priceless! Thank you for everyone helping us have a wonderful time. We love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. so awesome that you guys brought all that stuff with you, created and captured all those wonderful moments, and made it back sanely and safely! precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so insanely good to see you!!! And, seeing our girls play together filled my heart up completely :) You have raised the sweetest girls EVER. I love you so much! Hugs, hugs, hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete